Strymon Iridium Amp and IR Cab simulator
Want to play live with the exact same tones that you use at home or in the studio? Or have access to multiple amps and cab setups without having to lug them on stage? Leave your amps at home, and connect Iridium directly to the house PA system.
Going direct eliminates the need to mic an amp, giving sound engineers the option to send your amp and cab tone directly to a wedge or in-ear monitors. Instant adjustments to your tone are right there on your pedalboard, only a footswitch away. With Iridium, there are no menus to wade through—just familiar, responsive amp-style controls for instant, easy adjustment.
Iridium delivers the sound of a world-class tube amp with a perfectly matched stereo speaker cab in a great-sounding room, and all within a standard small Strymon pedal format.
• 24 bit/96kHz 500 milliseconds (!) specification* (a world first for hardware) mean sounds WAY ahead of Helix, Fractal, and Kemper, providing a complete set of massively detailed amp/cab tones—preamp, tone stack, power amp, and cab
• 3 'Matrix Modeled'™ amp models selectable on board, based on Fender Deluxe™, Vox AC30TB™ brilliant channel, Marshall Plexi Super Lead '59™)** Or access 4 presets (3 plus onboard favorite) with a MultiSwitch Plus, or 300 via MIDI.
• 9 IR cabinet models are selectable on board, or 300 via MIDI. (Amp and Cab can be separately bypassed via drive knob secondary function)
• USB socket to load IR files and firmware updates; load your own impulse responses using Strymon's free Impulse Manager software
• Simple, amp-style bass, mid and treble controls allow the exact recreation of classic tones. More extreme settings allow hot-rodding of the originals to provide an extended range of tonal options!
• Dedicated drive and level controls
• Dedicated ambiance control combines 256ms impulse responses w. reverb for extended lush decay. 'Room size' set small/medium/large by secondary function.
• Bypass/favorite footswitches
• Mono/Mono Sum/Stereo in (can be set for inst. or line level, discrete analog JFET input stage provides up to 22dB of gain) and Mono/Stereo out
• EXP input to connect MultiSwitch Plus, MiniSwitch or MIDI/EXP cable to access 300 presets and MIDI automation
• For live and studio use: play live with the same amp and cab tones you use at home, leaving your stack at home, and send your amp and cab tone direct to a wedge or in-ear monitor. In the studio, recreate your stack tone in the studio with just the Iridium DI'd
• A discrete transistor headphone socket allows silent rehearsal/latency-free monitoring via 25-70 Ohm headphones. The level can be set using secondary function 'Level Trim'.
• 9v center negative 500 milliamp power supply included
Note: Iridium should not be used in front of a real amplifier; it provides amp and cab tones for direct to PA and direct recording environments.