EarthQuaker Devices Plumes Overdrive Fx pedal
Plumes™ is a unique, all-analog approach to a classic tube-like overdrive circuit offering 3 different clipping voices, loads of headroom and almost three-dimensional clarity that will push your amp over the edge. The reimagined tone control is finely tuned to sculpt low end, clear top end, and focus midrange with blooming sustain.
1. Level: This controls the output volume.
2. Gain: This controls the amount of drive.
3. Tone: More bass to the left, more middles in the middle and more treble to the right.
4. Clipping Modes (3-Way Toggle):
1. Symmetrical LED clipping - More Crunch and Compression.
2. No clipping - Wide-open OpAmp drive for a clean boost.
3. Asymmetrical silicon diode clipping - More transparency with a loose feel.
Earthquaker has done away with the sacred 4558 IC and the classic BJT transistor buffers and replaced them with JFET operational amplifiers and raised the input impedance to nearly 10 megaohms! This offers lower noise, better signal integrity and more chime in the high end. We power this OpAmp by taking the 9v input and internally converting it to +/- 9v to give it more headroom. The end result is a more three-dimensional tone with added clarity that really pushes a nice tube amp over the edge.